Anyone from Oregon?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
Hey guys, possible job offer for my wife in Oregon (Portland or Medford area). Wondering if my 1448 w/25 hp will be suitable for that area? Coming from north Carolina

do you have Google Earth ??
you can get a view of the area first hand of what
lakes and rivers might be in the area.
Especially if you have a physical address of your wife's new work.
Good Luck !

Just a quick look - Portland is on the river that appears to be all industrial.
and miles and miles and miles of skyscrapers and commercial buildings.
Medford doesn't look like it has much water at all . . . .

Flat bottom or V? If a V you should be good, flat bottom would be best for lakes. I live in between both those on the coast and I have a 1448 with 25hp, I stick mostly to lakes, maybe the bay on a calm day.

Johnny trust me... I'm a map reading geography freak, but they don't tell you much about the conditions of the local rivers and lakes, depth, rocks, water floor throughout the year. Was pondering the possibility of selling my current rig and getting a full v with a tiller ob

Mainly fishing, boat for Klamath lake or crater lake. Maybe stretches of the rogue river if it's big enough. I'm also a fan of flt fishing, drifting and wading.

Crater lake is closed off to boats. Diamond lake (half hour from crater) isn't though. Most of the rivers once you start getting into them most people run either jet boats or drift boats. I would say your current boat should be good enough for your plans.

Your rig will be just about perfect. I lived in Oregon for 25 years, fished every year, and spent more then half of them in the Portland area. You will have your choice of large and small still water, rivers, and even salt if you like. I would be happy to be more specific, just drop me a PM. And check out www.oregonfishongforum.com and ifish.net.
Rick

Thanks for the feedback, we're still a couple weeks out from knowing if she gets the job and 6-8 weeks past that before relocation so we'd be well into the fall or holidays before moving

So! That Oregon move turned into Omaha Nebraska! Excited about this and the 2 rivers they have... Missouri and Platte.... My boat should do well there!

Latest posts