14ft princecraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solofish

Reaction score
Hello all. New member with a new to me boat. This site is awesome and has some awesome fabricators. So I picked up a 1999 princecraft Yukon 20. boat appears to be in excellent shape with hardly any signs of use. Trailer is in great shape too. My previous plan was to find a 14ft and start from scratch but I think I found a pretty clean and solid hull so will just go straight to decking/modding, skipping the steel flex/gulvit/paint. My plan is to make a casting deck over the front two bench seats and put some kind of flat floor in the rear of the boat. Boat is 68'' wide. I would like to put a few hatches on the casting deck and use all aluminum for the supports/braces. Also I'm trying not to drill in the hull if possible and use the bench seats as support for the braces. Any thoughts, info, tips, or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Crappy pics I'll update soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,548
Thanks guys. I got a older 1987 25hp Mercury tiller. He kinda just threw it in. I was told it was running last year but not winterized so if I use it I'll have to get it into my local outboard mechanic. I'm a noob when it comes to owning a boat so just trying to learn as I go and that's half the fun for me. Boat is rated for up to a 25hp but I'm still debating whether or not to put the 25 on or opt for something newer and maybe a little smaller.

I'd give it a go with the 25! If hate to see you put a lot of $ into an outboard only to be disappointed in 6 months with it.

Chances are I will go with the 25hp as I like the idea of maxing out your hp rating. The motor just seems so big size wise not power lol. The motor was not on the boat and without actually getting it wet I'm very confident with the hull so my next step is to check transom. Where the holes were drilled for the outboard I can see the wood and it looks very dry and clean. Is it safe to say my transom is good or do I need to investigate further? The boat is labeled as a aluminum clad transom. What exactly does that mean? Sorry for the rambling on. Very excited and could talk about this stuff for days and enjoy learning throughout the process.

I'm of course going to take it out before any modifications are done.

It has been a couple of months, now. Any progress?

Your transom is probably fine. Hang the motor and bounce it up and down, looking for flex. Then seal any exploratory holes!

I just got a 16', and they are impressive looking boats. Can't wait to run mine!

-TH

Latest posts