If only I were younger...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
I'd be on this like a duck on a June bug. It's a 16 ft (well, 15'10") model K Alumacraft, without trailer, pretty clean for a boat its age--figure 1950's--and has enormous potential.

It's 56 or 58 inches wide (I can't read the small print), and should be able to take any lake in the Midwest, barring the Great Lakes.

I should be able to get it for $300 or slightly under. It's about 120 miles from me, and my 14ftr trailer should carry it home nicely until I find a trailer of its own.

But I'm past the point where I can scrub, repair, flip, and load and unload a 225 lb, 16ft boat on the grass near my shed. Arthritis and age make it prohibitive. With a 35hp on the transom, it would be a dream. :)

I DO love the old Alumacrafts, and this is truly a "Queen of the Waterways."

View attachment 2

Alumacraftb specs.jpg

(I also found, but find the price unreasonable, a Snipe, Grumman 16ft Sport Canoe, complete with oarlocks, a sweet width, and magnificently set up to work river and lake for fish or ducks. Guy wants $1600 for it, which makes him kind of proud, but maybe he'll get it.)

56 Grumman Sportboat from CL 1600.jpg

Attachments

• alumacraft K  craig's list Sparta-ish.jpg
    alumacraft K craig's list Sparta-ish.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 508
The Grumman is pretty nice. There's usually at least one for sale around my area but not for that price. It seems high but then with motor and trailer and given how shiny new it looks, maybe the seller will get their price.

About the Alumacraft, got a kid or neighbor to help you turn it over? I sold my project boat over the summer and miss having one to work on. It's good to have one if you can manage the logistics. Maybe a couple of A-frames and some contraption to help lift and turn it. I don't know how serious your limitations are but say do your best not to give in to them. I losing the use of my left hand (I'm left-handed) due to Dupuytren's Disease and a bike accident but so long as I can still hold on to a tool I'm gonna keep projects going.

I would be all over that Alumacraft to flip.

That canoe is nice and should bring that kind of cash the way it sits come spring time when everyone has the bug.

I'd be on this like a duck on a June bug.
:LOL2:

I hear ya!
Nice find! :mrgreen: Polish her up and add that 35hp you mentioned. You'd be gone fishing in that rig before Quick could even get ready! :LOL2:

Latest posts