Tall skinny gas tanks? (like a jerry can)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a tall skinny gas tank that I can put in the back corner of my 1542? Something that basically looks like a jerry can, it can't be any wider than about 6". I'd convert a jerry can to a tank, but I haven't heard good results on that.

Looks like Can-SB Marine Plastics from Italy makes one ... but good luck finding a US source, https://www.cansb.com

Looks like a neat idea actually! Makes me wonder why no one over here thought if it ...

Attachments

• Can-SB Tank.jpg
    Can-SB Tank.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 358
My local wally world has a 3 gal gas tank that looks similar to the jerry can you want but I don't think it would work standing up, I think the connection valve is on one of the sides or top, depending on how you look it. Find 'em in the marine section here, where the 2s oil and other boating supplies are.

It could get a little pricey, but there are plastic and aluminum vertical tanks in the drag car/dragster world that might fit the bill.
That's really not a bad idea, as corners like that are typically "wasted" space, so to speak. A pair of 5-gallon vertical dragster tanks in both rear corners might be a pretty good mod.
A company called "Jaz" makes some interesting candidates. Do a Google image search for "vertical dragster fuel cell"

Roger

You might try a weld shop, I did some trading and had this one made. He had already made one for his Jon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 317
I'll ask him....I traded a griswold kettle and an an old German railroad lantern. If I would to get top dollar for them maybe $150 plus. But I think I just lucky, he just happen to collect lanterns and he liked the kettle. I had to put it in, he just made the tank.

Latest posts