Fuel Line Connections....also, my project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6HP

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I can "splice" fuel lines using the quick connectors?

I purchased this set up thinking I would have to remove the connectors and attach the longer fuel line at the fuel demand valve, but then I thought maybe not and I could connect using the quick connectors.

Is this safe?

2015_09_19_07_10_33.jpg

2015_09_19_07_11_20.jpg

2015_09_19_07_11_29.jpg

yes it is ok and safe . . . . just pay attention to your motor.
if it sounds like it is not getting enough juice - that would be the first thing to look at.
Maybe (or not) you have developed a situation of fuel restriction.
The older connectors develop dried O-rings which allows air to infiltrate and reduce the suction.

FWIW; In my world, I would go with one hose all in one piece long enough
to do the job with the filter up by the motor and your squeeze bulb 8-12" below the filter.
Get rid of that stiff factory hose and get some FUEL LINE from your auto parts store with
a hand full stainless screw type hose clamps.
The size of your tank connector, squeeze bulb, fuel filter and motor connector will dictate
what size of hose to get. Or, it may have the diameter size on the gray hose you have now.

jus my Dos Centavos

welcome aboard - where you from ?

Thanks for the advice. The more I think about it the more I think I should remove the connections and run the single line.

I can usually find answers to questions I have using the search function, hence my lack of posting.
I'm in Southeast Wisconsin. Love this site, it's been a great help for my own boat mod's that I'm currently working on.

Here are a couple of pics of my 1980 Mirrocraft that I bought last fall. I was originally just going to replace the transom board, but then just kept going. Been a slllooooowww process with a new baby, but it's been a blast to work on.

2014_08_06_13_29_29.jpg

2014_08_06_13_27_59.jpg

2015_09_13_13_30_15.jpg

2015_09_19_13_11_02.jpg

Also just repowered it with a 99 Merc 25,hence the purchase of a new tank. Originally came with a 69 Johnson 6hp, so a pretty nice boost.. :)

That is exactly the same set up I have - it works without problem and I have not had any fuel problems.

Latest posts