Introduction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubborn Dutchman

Reaction score
Hi, all. Time for the obligatory introduction.

First off, I’ve been lurking here for just a few days after following a link from the Michigan Sportsman forum. You sure have a great place here. What a fantastic resource!

I am a retired old fart and recently moved up to the northern part of lower Michigan. My boat is a 16ft. DuraNautique with a 70in. beam. She is powered by a 40 hp Yamaha w/ pt/tilt, and a 5hp Yamaha kicker. A deck covers the two front seats and the two rear bench seats are stock. Fishfinder is a Lowrance X91.

I’m just getting back into fishing after a 20 yr absence and realize I have much to learn. I never was much of a fisherman! Summer months will mostly be spent chasing pan fish and walleye on the local lakes. Years ago a friend took me along chasing steelhead in the dead of winter with his small Starcraft and 7hp Merc. I want to modify my boat so I can replicate the great times we had. For starters, I know I’ll need some heavy chain and a good anchor winch so I don’t suffer a heart attack the first time out!

Thanks for listening. I hope I don’t bore you folks too much with my dumb questions.

:WELCOME:

Love northern Michigan, I grew up in Charlevoix and still make the annual November trip to my hunting camp near Alpena.

Lots of great fishing up there.

Latest posts