Upgrading

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowe14owner

Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to upsize our boat to a wider boat.

We purchased a 1432 Lowe Jon boat last December. We've had tons of enjoyment fishing and simply being out on it. However, our chief complaint is stability. It's too unstable--any movement we make we let the other know in advance. We have a Minn Kota 40lb thrust and a group 27 battery. We can literally go all day with battery power to spare. The Minn Kota gets us wherever we want to go.

Most of the lakes we fish are either electric only or limited to under 10 HP. We're not wanting an outboard at this time. Maybe later on, but not now. It's just the us two out in it. I checked our trailer; it'll carry a wider boat.

I guess my question is how wide can we go before we have to consider a bigger trolling motor or even an outboard?

Thanks

X2 = Get at least a 48" bottom width. And, yes, they are hard to find.
You can set your sights on the 48". But, there are several models between
the 36 to 48". If you can take a test float in the 1436, which is more common,
that may fit your requirements.

I am surprised that you did not mention
if the 32 was uncomfortable for you or not.
When you say "we and us" who is normally with you ?
Just you and the wife with no kids or big dogs?

There's just the two of us--my wife and I. While the boat is comfortable, my wife likes to stand when she casts. And, she often liked to stand to fish. So, we're looking for something less tipsy.

Latest posts