Convert from the dark side

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klsluder

Reaction score
I am now officially converted from the dark (fiberglass) side. Got rid of an old 19ft GW and bought a much smaller tin boat. Much more suited to our needs. 2013 14 Duranautic with 30hp Evinrude E-Tec. It is in great shape so no near term projects planned. I am just very happy to have a boat that is simpler and easier to maintain. Fiberglass can look pretty but it is a pain to maintain.

Love this site. It helped convince to go the tin route.

welcome aboard !!

I will always have a strong foothold on FRP and wood boats !!!
But, as you said - they are a pain to maintain.
The older we get, the less strength we have. So aluminum is a gift
to us "more seasoned" folks.

It's good that you have a boat that doesn't need much at the first.
Just enjoy it and make the necessary changes as you go along.

I have an older (mid 90's) 16' version. What a sturdy and well built boat. The only mods I contemplate are to add a power chain anchor and a couple more rod holders to make her a great steelhead boat for the river. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

If you own a boat, any boat, you will always have "something to do". If they don't need repairs ( and tin boats don't need as much), it will need some "improvement" or "adjustment" .

Guess that is why I have owned so many boats. Need something around that always needs tinkering with....

Ha Ha regards, richg99

Latest posts