Advice on suspension seat base.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphahawk

Reaction score
Recently I purchased a 14' 6" Xtreme Classic boat. It is an aluminium boat with stick steer. I love the boat...right size for my garage...handles great.....with the 40 four stroke sips gas. But when running at speed in a chop with about a 10 MPH wind the ride beats you to death up front. I mean you could hurt your back real easy with the pounding. Running at speed in the boat with those conditions is not unsafe....the boat handles it well. I can't stay off the lake just because of a 10 MPH wind. I am going to have to install a suspension seat base. I am looking at a Smooth Moves base......I understand it is very good but expensive. I am in the 290 pound range. My question is do any of you know of a suspension base solution that will handle my weight but is less expensive than a Smooth Moves? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

FWIW I own & started the website for Parker boats (www.classicparker.com) and all the guys who ran offshore added Seasuspension systems, but they're a good $600.

I had worked with a company (Halo) making a prototype of a suspension they use for OEM off-road dirt racers, where their model adapted to various maker bases and/or pedestals. It worked AWESOME and was supposed to retail for $200+, but the man who was championing the project died and they abandoned the project.

I'm guessing that someone really handy could modify a bike off-road suspension shock to fit a boat seat pedestal............

DaleH said:
FWIW I own & started the website for Parker boats (https://www.classicparker.com) and all the guys who ran offshore added Seasuspension systems, but they're a good $600.

I had worked with a company (Halo) making a prototype of a suspension they use for OEM off-road dirt racers, where their model adapted to various maker bases and/or pedestals. It worked AWESOME and was supposed to retail for $200+, but the man who was championing the project died and they abandoned the project.

I'm guessing that someone really handy could modify a bike off-road suspension shock to fit a boat seat pedestal............

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Latest posts