Newbie here! Looking at buying a 1992 ,Lund Alaskan 18ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete44

Reaction score
Would like your opinions on this Alaskan.

Floor deck has been replaced with aluminum sheet making it hard to check the foam and underneath. The boat is bare no seats and except for the side storage and bow upper plate off. The motor is a 92 Mercury 50hp in good condition same with trailer. The asking price is $2,000 what would be a good price to pay for this boat?
Would like to buy the boat right so I can restore it back to a fishing/runabout boat. Any ballpark idea of the cost of doing this guys?

00b0b_hjLlggRLQPH_600x450.jpg

00303_8CK8D3RA4uF_600x450.jpg

Thanks for any help

I personally would try to get it for $1,500 to 1,600, due to the apparent condition. On boats, condition dictates the price. That is an axiom I live by! But note these models are hard to come by, at least where I live. Check the motor out and do/test/examine everything you can (compression, etc.).

Perhaps you should even weigh the rig on a trucker's or metal salvage company's weight scale. That hull should be ~436 pounds, the motor a good 200#s or so and you can look up the trailer model from the VIN or motor vehicle registration or whatever your State requires. I would guess the trailer alone would be a good 500 to 600 pounds. So that's ballpark 1200 to 1300 and if she weighed a good 1600 pounds, then maybe the foam is saturated with water (as water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon).

FWIW NADA Guides put the retail at $1,765 and here in the Northeast, I find boats sell for from 20 to 40% more than the NADA price, so to me NADA is more valuable to the Buyer. You can also get a free value check from Boat/US by calling 800-274-4877 = Quotes line, at extension x3990, where they assume a 'comparably equipped vessel' and don't add for extras.

I LOVE the Lund Alaskan models - ideal setup/layout! My older brother has the 16' model with a 35hp Johnson and it is so useful and flexible in use and application; everything from sea duck hunting to fishing to out cruising with family. Kind of like the 'pickup truck' of the water environment.

Attachments

• Lund18Alaskan.JPG
    Lund18Alaskan.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 463

Latest posts