What factory boats fit this criteria?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmk0002

Reaction score
What all factory boats out there that meet my criteria? I am really wanting a 14' to16' flatbottom or mod-v with the rear split bench and a drop deck up front. I know there are many out there that that come standard this way, however, most of them seem to also be heavy hulls. Like many on here, I have some local lakes that have a 9.9 hp restriction so I would like a boat that a well running 9.9 can at least get up on plane but I'm not sure any of these are going to be light enough to get it done with more than a single person. I'm willing to get a slightly larger motor, like maybe a 20 hp, and slap on some 9.9 stickers. Any suggestions or reviews on similar setups out there? In my limited research I really like the Xpress DDP15. It's 15' x 46" (bottom), has the split seat and drop deck, and is rated for a 25 hp. I doubt a 9.9 hp would really work on it but a 20 should do the trick.

I do have a 1959 Evinrude 35 hp already. I supposed I could consider a hull rated for that motor and swap it in and out with a real 9.9 when heading to the restricted lakes. That sounds like it would be a huge PITA though. I have never heard of anyone swapping motors out on a frequent basis so I guess there is probably good reason for it lol.

I can't help you on which hull fit's your needs but I have a 440/880 pound rated electric hoist mounted on the ceiling of my garage to lift motors, boats, lawn mowers, snow blowers ect ect. It's really handy.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I can't help you on which hull fit's your needs but I have a 440/880 pound rated electric hoist mounted on the ceiling of my garage to lift motors, boats, lawn mowers, snow blowers ect ect. It's really handy.

I was thinking if I decided to try to swap out motors on a boat I would use something similar. Maybe a cheap engine hoist from Harbor Freight or something. I could lift up the bigger motor and roll it out of the way and do the 9.9 hp by hand.

Latest posts