Wrap-around fenders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a Skosh

Reaction score
Looking to put non-scuffing fenders around my Lowe 16' bassboat. Any suggestions? I'm looking at doing some yacht servicing with the boat, and I need to make sure I don't scuff anyone's boat up with it. Preferably it would look nice too, so no foam noodles...

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=4141&familyName=Taylor+Made+Gunwale+Guards

Kinda pricey, but that's pretty much what I was envisioning.

FWIW my boat club has two 12' Carolina 'J12' skiffs in the water 24/7 for use as tenders. We get old-style (heavy canvas outer/rubber inside liner) scrap/leaky fire hose from members who are firemen or who can get the hose for us.

We also beg, borrow or scrounge scrap garden water hose and force some other type hose inside the firehose as an added buffer. We then bolted them around the perimeter of the skiffs, where we intentionally bunched up the hose between attachment bolts, so that added bump serves as another fending-off point.

Works really well, lasts forever and if sourced right ... is cheap! Tip - On 'new' installs, we douse the hose/fenders with saltwater at every opportunity for the 1st few weeks, which bleaches out the hose to a nice off-white color. Just make sure to pressure wash off all salt at the season's end ... it cleans them, softens them and makes them last longer!

Latest posts