What Paint to Use For Duck Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler0421

Reaction score
I am wanting to paint my G3 1756 Camo. I want something that will hold up good as this thing will take a beating. I hear parker paints scratch pretty easily. I want to have the hull painted in the next few weeks. Just looking for suggestions. How is the sherwin williams KEM 400? Any help would be appreciated. Need to buy something soon!

I painted mine with Parkers Duck Boat paint in sand tan. And then camo stenciled with brown and black using Rustoleum camo spray cans. Turned out very nice, and where I hunt it blends in perfectly with the shore line while beached. I would say the Parkers is pretty durable. My floor is showing some wear after 2 years that I just recently touched up, which was easy. But I'd expect that from any paint with the beating a duck boat floor is going to take. I also have Asper Grit (which is great BTW) on my floor and deck. Probably helps the paint come up a bit easier with the extra grip it gives it. The rest of the boat doesn't really show any signs of wear. At least none that would make me consider using a different paint next time. The nice thing about Parkers is it is SUPER flat, almost a dull finish. Which is what you should want for a duck boat.

IMAG0812_zps4654dd78.jpg

IMAG0813_zps4b19f0e3.jpg

IMAG0965_zpsae49b9a5.jpg

IMG_20140308_103919_zpsketcbwn3.jpg

I used a Harbor Freight HVLP sprayer. Thinned the Parkers per instruction and it sprayed on great. I did several, maybe 3, coats and applied the Asper Grit after the first coat. The Asper Grit is nice and gives good grip when moving around the boat with wet wader boots on. Here's a link to it if your interested. I ended up using about a half quart doing my entire floor and bow deck liberally.

https://www.softsandrubber.com/aspergrit.html

I bought stencils online, but if I ever do a camo job again I'll just make my own from x-ray film or something.

Latest posts