seat strength alumacraft mv1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mms

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a new alumacraft MV1648 ss.

I have a question on adding the flush fit 3/4 swivel seats. I'm a big guy 300lbs from what i have found on the installation its just 6 screws strait into the aluminum of the current seat. is that really a secure mounting?

how thick is the aluminum used in the seats both the split rear sear and the middle bench is there enough there that the screws wont strip out. (the hull is only .07)

ideally i would like to run 5 bases, 1 on each of the split seats in the rear, one on each side of the storage compartment of the center bench and one in the front. I would probably only take 2 seats on the boat but this way i have flexibility in where I put them.

I have a 1648 ncs and have two fish mounts one for the driver and one up front on my deck. The sheet metal isn't extremely thick but underneath is a piece of 3/4 inch plywood. With the right hardware it is solid as sears. You'll need a 3" hole saw to cut away for the base. My front base I swap out when not driving for a threaded pedestal. I'm not 300 but a man 225 has no issues with it once so ever.

thanks! I was wondering if there was something underneath it from the factory.... 3/4 plywood makes me feel alot better about it. 6 screws into that should be pretty solid.

I installed a swivel-eze mount on the front deck of my Tracker 1648MV. An 11" pedestal goes in it for fishing from the bow. With the pedestal it REALLY flexed the aluminum of my deck. I ended up reinforcing the base and deck with some square aluminum stock. Worked perfectly. But if your using it without a pedestal I don't think you'll have a problem. I'd use bolts and nyloc nuts as opposed to straight screws though. Will make it more secure. I'm 6'8" 270#'s for reference.

Right on with the hardware big terp. My front seat is over my storage cuddly so I used 3/8 flat head tappered bolts and nuts underneath as compared to the back is just in the bench seat I used 1 1/2 I believe tappered head self tapping wood screws.