Aluminum angle framing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daschmetterling

Reaction score
It looks like lots of people in this forum use aluminum angle for framing their decking. What size do people reccomend? For our build (77 blue fin seahawk) we were planning to use aluminum angle and an aluminum floor (if we can come up with enough sign material). The ribs in our boat are at 12" on center, and that was the spacing we were planning for the framing.
I look forward to your comments and advice- thanks in advance. I suspect this is a common question, but I couldn't find answers in a search on this site.

I've been using 1.5"X1.5"X0.125 but then my spans have been less than 30".

While I was still working I used to be able to get scraps of .060" SS sheet and then use their brake to bend my own angles. Then I was bending 2"x2". That worked well to stiffen up 5/8" plywood.

I believe a lot of the size will depend on what you're building.

bonz_d said:
I've been using 1.5"X1.5"X0.125 but then my spans have been less than 30".

While I was still working I used to be able to get scraps of .060" SS sheet and then use their brake to bend my own angles. Then I was bending 2"x2". That worked well to stiffen up 5/8" plywood.

I believe a lot of the size will depend on what you're building.
Thanks bonz_d!
We were thinking of using 1.5 x 1.5" angle, also, and 12" on center. We are still in the researching phase.

Latest posts