HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt1972

Reaction score
Ok, it's not that bad. I really just need some advice. What should I use to smooth out some waves left in my AL hull from roller bunks? The bunks are being replaced and keep in mind I am coating the bottom with Wetlander when I'm done. Also this is a jet-jon conversion. And...... go!

I have the same issue with the Starcraft Falcon I'm working on. I don't know if there is an easy fix so I'm just going to live with it.

Yep need to live with it,,,,what has happened is the alum. has been stretched out over time so to cure that it would have to be shrunk and to do that with metal you have to heat it up and then dump some water on to shrink it up and on alum you would be asking for trouble unless you know what your doing and you would be changing the temper of the aluminum also,,, besides its a jet and your going to have a lot more then just some waves going on before long, and who cares what the bottom looks like, the fish?

riverbud55 said:
Yep need to live with it,,,,what has happened is the alum. has been stretched out over time so to cure that it would have to be shrunk and to do that with metal you have to heat it up and then dump some water on to shrink it up and on alum you would be asking for trouble unless you know what your doing and you would be changing the temper of the aluminum also,,, besides its a jet and your going to have a lot more then just some waves going on before long, and who cares what the bottom looks like, the fish?
I care what the bottom looks like because I want the cleanest water possible entering the pump.

Latest posts