Got my new tiller console installed today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this, grab bars make driving tillers like a mad man so much fun. Is that a small battery sitting in there? For a fish finder? And what type of cooler is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny said:
Is this what you want the paracord wrapped on ???

Yes in the original design it would have been along the top to hold onto but we moved the back rest up which will have a cushion made for it so that eliminated the paracord wrap.

Catch Release Repeat said:
Love this, grab bars make driving tillers like a mad man so much fun. Is that a small battery sitting in there? For a fish finder? And what type of cooler is that?

Yes that is a small battery for a GPS. The water I fish mostly you can see the bottom so not much use for a fish finder.I use a good set of COSTA sunglasses to find most of my fish. I get about 18 hours of life from the battery. The cooler is from a local company called GATOR BOX. 1/2 the cost of big brand names and supporting a local start up company. Both the owners are fire fighters and I believe 1 is former military. I've had it about a year and LOVE it.

I've had one on pretty much every boat I've ever owned. I like standing while running and gives a great place to mount gps and swithes also holds the cooler / seat in place. Pappy if you ever see it running the waterways of central florida stop and say hi.

Very nice, similar to what I did in my boat. You need to get that aluminum powder coated. You can do black or olive so it won’t be shiny, although it looks like it will be kind of hard to hold on to with that backing plate, I think I would have added another grab bar where that shelf looking part is. I like it.

surfman said:
You need to get that aluminum powder coated. You can do black or olive so it won’t be shiny, although it looks like it will be kind of hard to hold on to with that backing plate, I think I would have added another grab bar where that shelf looking part is. I like it.

It will get painted as soon as the money is available. I seem to be too rough on powder coat it always chips and is to difficult get re done.

This design has evolved over many years and different boats. The backing plate was put where it is to have a cushion made for it for who ever rides on the cooler. I seem to always grab the drop down plate with my right hand ( have for years ) and not the top of the bar when running long distances. I guess it's a comfort thing. That's why the plate was made so heavy.

I am thinking about painting the inside of the boat tan since it SO much cooler than the green so I will wait to paint the console.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Very clean. I like it. Little piece of hydro-turf for the shelf would be a nice touch.

Wish I could find a small piece to put on it. All the sheets are way to large.

Attwanl said:
Nice, what do you use for a extension for the tiller?

I'm cheap so I will be making it out of 1 1/2" sch 20 pvc pipe it's much lighter than the sch 40 and since the motor has electric tilt I will be adding a switch to the end cap of the handle.

Carbon Marine build a very nice one with the switch in it but $300.00 doesn't fit the budget.

Man id hate to see you driving that brand new beauty with a piece of pvc!!!!! Put it in the tax return budget!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts