Help with Rod Holder suggestions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMOS

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I thought I'd get some input on rod holders for my boat. I have one of those triple in-line rod holders but I'll need to do some fixturing as the side of my boat are slanted, and it just won't mount flat on the side. Many of the holders won't work well with the sides of my boat.

I've attached a pic below. Let me know your thoughts. I'd like to maybe install 4 single-rod holders, 2 in front and 2 in the rear somewhere.

Would something like the Atwood 5010-4 Series work for me?

Thanks,
CMOS

Attachments

• Boat11.JPG
    Boat11.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,043
RBO,

I just looked at their product line and they actually have the least amount of mounting options. I really need something that mounts to hull wall, but will allow the holder/rod to clear the gunwale trim.

CMOS

They have 11 different mounting bases. Don't know anyone that attaches holders to the side of the hull. Most mount to gunnel rail or horizontal surface like seat or deck. I think you will probably be going with some custom work to get the results that you want. Maybe weld some horizontal tabs to mount to. Good luck in your search for a solution.

Check out tite lok sure set holders, I've got six on my rig. They're a little pricy, but the mounting options are endless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
They have 11 different mounting bases. Don't know anyone that attaches holders to the side of the hull. Most mount to gunnel rail or horizontal surface like seat or deck. I think you will probably be going with some custom work to get the results that you want. Maybe weld some horizontal tabs to mount to. Good luck in your search for a solution.

You may very well be right. Take a look in my pic at the rib-like hull supports that hold my seats. I'm thinking about mounting a rigid piece of maybe 3" wide aluminum with bent "L" ends between these ribs. That would give me a horizontal surface to bolt a holder on to. :idea: ?

CMOS

Catch Release Repeat said:
They also have these clamps to mount to the gunnel or transom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could work well on the transom, yes.

CMOS

you mean something like this?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/rod-holders-storage/fishing-rod-holders|/pc/104794380/c/104763780/sc/104538780/wise-rod-tender-twin-pack-rod-holders/738296.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffishing-rod-holders%2F_%2FN-1100635%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104538780

PsychoXP18CC said:
Have you thought about setting a 3/8-16 rivnut in the gunnel, then just screwing a driftmaster type holder in it?

Ah, like a PEM nut. Well, I don't think the gunnel trip is deep enough for that.

I have a few other options I'm considering.

CMOS

Latest posts