What matial should I use for casting deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am building a front and back casting deck out of all metal trying to keep the wait down so what angle aluminum size should I use and what gauge of casting deck sheet metal should I use and also how would I put carpet on the metal.

Thanks so much appreciate it

Frame Complete.JPGCross Members.JPGI decked over my bow awhile back. Did some calculations, based on a 200 pounder (me) standing in the middle of my small add-on deck. Being conservative, ended up using 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 angle of a structural grade. Photo gives an idea of what I was doing.

I am interested in what you find out- I have the same question about framing our floor. 8 was thinking about 1 1/2 or 1 1/4, 1/8" aluminum angle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You might consider using a paint on textured vinyl surface instead of carpet. It can be overcoated if it wears, comes in colors, and is really durable. Unlike carpet it won't hold dirt or stains and can be easily washed. I used it on my last tin interior and am going to use it on my current project. Check out https://www.bottompaintstore.com/ for some options and any of the major outdoor stores have products that work well. I'll never glue carpet to a tin boat again since trying this other way...so at least you have this other option.

Carpet = pike/pickerel/other fish slime baking in the sun stinking up your boat.

Latest posts