<---newbie here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipsetbone311

Reaction score
Hello, I'm in need of some ideas/solutions on making a transom trolling motor mount for the bow? Older model polar Kraft 14' 36" flat Jon. Any help would be appreciated. I've seen a lot of pics on the net but no write ups. Hopefully I'm not adding on to a existing topic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 479
  • image.png
    image.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 479
Have been using the trolling motor on the side, but rather make something work to use on front somehow ....

No suggestions for you as I have not gone down that road to try to invent something like that yet. But that is a nice boat and I think I would just but the trolling motor at the back.

I could put on back I guess but I have the gas tank and outboard back there along with 1" thick plywood too. Idk if it would be too much weight in the back or not. I don't know the weight cap. This boat is so old it didn't have any stamps on it for that or hp limit

The handle on the front is what I have the winch strapped to. And the bow stop rubber piece is flush with the handle.

I think I want something like fishfreek said..

Fishfreek said:
Just a thought.... If the handle on the front is bolted or screwed on you could just remove it. Looks like most transom mount motors would fit then.

i once read an article about turning the handle 180 degrees even if it had rivets by drilling them out, turning it, then replacing with stainless steel screw.

Attwanl said:
i once read an article about turning the handle 180 degrees even if it had rivets by drilling them out, turning it, then replacing with stainless steel screw.

I've done that on several especially when I didn't have room or the money for a true bow mount trolling motor. Just need to be very careful when drilling.

Latest posts