Anchor mate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodeen

Reaction score
I have converted my 12 foot jon already.

BoatRebuild0019.jpg

BoatRebuild0032.jpg

I am adding an anchor mate with a 15 pound river anchor to the front of this boat. With the lip of the boat, it is going to be difficult to use bolts on the front two holes. I can remove the wood and bolt down the back two holes and use washers to give it more support, but the only way I can see doing it for the front is to have the nuts on the top. Since I have to bolt down the back two before securing the wood back to the boat, this could make it really difficult to get the front bolts on.

I can use line and use that to align the front two up and adhere the bolts to the metal, but is that really necessary? Can I get away with two bolts in the back and just screws on the front two holes?

Screws should work. I think the majority of the stress from an anchor would be on the rear mounts anyway.
And I want to see more pictures of that boat conversion! Reminds me a lot of mine.

-CN- said:
Screws should work. I think the majority of the stress from an anchor would be on the rear mounts anyway.
And I want to see more pictures of that boat conversion! Reminds me a lot of mine.

I have the conversion posted already. Should be about fourth down in the list right now.

Latest posts