Can someone identify these boats??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwheelfan03

Reaction score
I've been looking for a welded Jon for quite sometime that has a lot of room but it seems most new ones have the long bench seat in the back. I found a couple that would work great for my project but I have no clue what make or model they are. I found the pictures browsing the inter-web. Can anyone help identify?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 423
look like weldbilt to me

https://www.backwoodslanding.com/16ftlink26001.html

Alumacraft also makes all welded modified vee hulls with the split rear seat. They range is size from a 1546 to a 2072. I don't think they are available in a front drop deck like you have pictured though. That's only available on a 1546 all welded with the rear bench seat/deck. Also the 1546 split rear seat is not advertised on their site. I emailed them and they confirmed they have it but it is just not online for some reason. https://www.alumacraft.com/173/1/2016-Alumacraft-1650-Tiller/

Also, depending on your needs, Xpress has some nice rear split seat duck boats. They are just a lot heavier than the Weldbilt and Alumacrafts. So if you are not HP restricted they may work well...plus Xpress probably has a better reputation overall.

Some of the Lowe models have the split rear as well. My Roughneck 1652 VT is like that.

Attachments

• Lowe_1652_2.jpg
    Lowe_1652_2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 355
JL8Jeff said:
Some of the Lowe models have the split rear as well. My Roughneck 1652 VT is like that.

True. Most manufacturers that make duck boats will have split seat options. The question becomes is hull weight a concern? Most split seat duck boats are 500+ lb hulls from my research. Partly due to thickness and partly to extra reinforcements to make them tougher in timber and swamps.

I was in a similar situation as the OP but HP restriction kept me from even considering the split seat layouts I liked due to how heavy the boat would be.

you don't have hull ID numbers? Are these just pictures you copied off the web? Are they for sale? Why don't you ask the seller? Why doesn't the seller or poster give the make?

Latest posts