primer over gluv it ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monriverguy

Reaction score
So i am getting ready to coat the inside of my 1959 lone star with glov it, can i then use self etching primer on that ? or should i just paint over the glov it

Haven't had to use it yet so I can't answer the etching primer question but I know from others that it can be painted and actually that is recommended.

Most epoxies are not UV proof, so they should be painted. I always prep the base material as needed BEFORE adding anything like Gluvit, so if a tin boat, I'd solvent wash and acid-etch properly before using something like Gluvit or other sealant, prior to the paint coats.

well i have used a brass wire brush on the entire inside of the boat and around all the rivets and seams so what is the best way now to prep for the glov it ?

Attachments

• PB270004.JPG
    PB270004.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 637
I would suggest going to their website and then find and read their directions and recommendations then you will have 1st hand information.

Does look like you've done a very fine job of cleaning everything and if you follow their directions I don't see where you will have any problems.

Yes the PO did had silicone over every thing the entire floor seams and rivets it has taken a lot of hours to remove but i am finally close to having it all removed. The boat is a 1959 lone star El Dorado and i love it so i really want to do the best job i can to get the old girl floating again.
Thanks to all for the reply's i need all the help i can get..............

Latest posts