New Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmk0002

Reaction score
My bench seat in my boat is done for. I was going to wait until I broke in my rebuilt motor (did it myself which is why I'm skeptical lol) before diving into a big expense like a new bench seat but decided to check out the deals from the weekend. I found bassboatseats.com and then later realized they are a sponsor here. They have their stuff on sale until midnight. Members also get 10% off with promo code TINBOAT10. Shipping is also fast and free from what I have read. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I am going to order from them regardless but was wondering if anyone had experience with their 17" or 24" hinge mounted seats (https://www.bassboatseats.com/collections/bass-boat-seats/products/cs24h)? A tandem of those in one of those sizes is what I need. I was just curious how well they acted as a step to the rear deck like they are advertised for?

Not sure if this is an option for you, I did this to save weight on my 1436 and now I've taken it one step further on my tracker III build: I dumped the original bench seat & replaced it with pedestal seat mounts. On the tracker III it also allowed me to expand the size of the storage box under the seating area by making it taller (no longer needed to fold flush with the rear deck surface). In each case I just use the seats that are atop my pedestals while fishing as my bench seats. Seeing as you're only looking for 2 seats yourself this might be an option.

Page 3 of my alumacraft build (link in my signature) has pictures of the setup i'm describing.

onthewater102 said:
Not sure if this is an option for you, I did this to save weight on my 1436 and now I've taken it one step further on my tracker III build: I dumped the original bench seat & replaced it with pedestal seat mounts. On the tracker III it also allowed me to expand the size of the storage box under the seating area by making it taller (no longer needed to fold flush with the rear deck surface). In each case I just use the seats that are atop my pedestals while fishing as my bench seats. Seeing as you're only looking for 2 seats yourself this might be an option.

Page 3 of my alumacraft build (link in my signature) has pictures of the setup i'm describing.

I know exactly what you mean. I considered doing that at first but decided against it because the bench seat frequently gets used by any 3rd passenger/fisherman.

Is your boat wide enough where you could have enough space between the seats for the occasional 3rd fisherman to sit on a flotation cushion while under way? My 1436 is too small for 3 people, but it will probably be an issue from time to time when by 2 brothers join me on the 16' next year. I didn't fish with 2 people in the boat very often even with my 18' so it isn't really something I'm worried about designing around, but that's me.

onthewater102 said:
Is your boat wide enough where you could have enough space between the seats for the occasional 3rd fisherman to sit on a flotation cushion while under way? My 1436 is too small for 3 people, but it will probably be an issue from time to time when by 2 brothers join me on the 16' next year. I didn't fish with 2 people in the boat very often even with my 18' so it isn't really something I'm worried about designing around, but that's me.

No, but my boat is pretty big actually. It is a 1994 Spectrum Dominator 17 which is a 17' typical pro-style aluminum bass boat like a BassTracker. The bench seat area is about 44" wide, and would be wider but the rod box is on the side which steals about 10" or so of potential seating.

The plus for me is that most of my fishing buddies are young like me and don't mind riding in semi awkward positions while driving between spots. The only older people I fish with are my dad and uncle... which I let them ride on the bench and I take the bad spots. I'd like to think up some new seating options but for now I'm going to install these seats first and go from there. I'll try to post some pics when I do, which will probably not be until next weekend.

Sorry I never posted any pics of the seats. I opened one of them up and placed it in my boat and it was just too small and sat too upright for me. So, unfortunately, I am going to have to return them. I also didn't see any other options on their website which may fit my criteria without getting some of the jumbo seats meant for big glass boats.

While testing out that new seat, I placed a Bass Pro brand one (https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Pro-Qualifier-High-Back-Boat-Seat/product/1307210641155/)that I had laying around beside it and it was more along the lines of what I was wanting in that it had more of a reclined angle to the backrest and was slightly deeper. My only issue with it was that the backrest was slightly higher than I would like. I think I'm going to either get another of the Bass Pro brand or go with the Tempress Navistyle since they have a high and low back model. So any reviews on the Tempress seats would be appreciated.

My wife and I went Christmas shopping Friday and one of our stops was Academy Sports where I was able to check out the Tempress Navistyle High Back seats in person. I ended up buying 2 in the charcoal/gray color at $110 each. They seem to very well made and I think they will make nice helm seats. Probably won't be able to install them until this weekend but will try to give my thoughts on how they perform for me after I do.

Latest posts