Jet jon is it legal to build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bx10

Reaction score
I just recently found a boat to buy to a 1448 aw flat bottom already had a jet ski laying around which is a suzuki 3 cylinder 1000 motor. I'm currently just waiting on my spoolmate gun. but been doing a lot the of reading about overpowering the rating on the capacity plate. I just want to make sure when i build this boat it isnt going to be some kind of hassle with that. Any input would be greatly appreciated

I checked this out before building mine. I even called the coast guard, as I got bad info from my DNR guy.

After you modify the boat, you should have it re-registered as a 'Homemade'. You can list it as an inboard with XX hp.

There are no HP limitations with an inboard.

The Coast guard does not require any inspection on a homemade boat.

That said, it is best to conform to the USGC regulations, search for 'boat builders' guide, it's long but only parts of it are relevant.

Also, i had no problem getting insurance after the boat was properly reregistered.

I live in maryland Im pretty sure there is a law about overpower ordeal. So changing it to homemade boat and getting a new plate is best way to cover your butt

Latest posts