My boat lift

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSG-1

Reaction score
Built this using 8x8" pilings, and 6" X 9 lb/ft I-beam. The brackets on top of the pilings are made from 1/4"x6" flat plate, bent to fit securely on top of the pilings, lag-bolted to the piling with stainless lags, and the beam is welded to them.

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 5.31.00 PM.png

I'm using 2 ton chain hoists, although, it's unlikely I would ever max those out, as I'm basically using it to lift my johnboat, maybe my jet boat, or maybe the occasional jet ski.

The heaviest boat I would ever lift would be my parents' 18 ft Sea Hunt with a 150 Merc....it probably weighs 3000 lbs total. If I ever do lift that boat to do some bottom painting, etc, I will definitely proceed with caution, as I'm not sure what the load rating would be for that size I-beam across a 14 ft span.

At some point, I'll probably run another beam between the front and back beams, to give the structure more strength. Not that it needs it, as I spaced the front and rear far enough apart that when I lift a 16-18 ft boat, it's not pulling them inward or outward........ unlike that questionable improvised lift I constructed earlier this year when I was stripping paint off the jet boat hull. And using come-alongs for lifting, too! [-X

Pretty much the reason I built this one. Something I know will be safe.

Nice work. Wish I had a place for a boat lift.

Found this discussion on the internet regarding 14 foot beams..

richg99

https://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/729814.html

Latest posts