boat help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake_P

Reaction score
I am currently searching for a jon boat but i have a few questions. I am looking for a 14' and i was wondering how stable a 32" bottom would be? What makers offer wider bottoms? I have been looking at Alumacraft but before i pull the trigger i want to make sure 32" will be stable enough for me and a buddy on occasion. Thanks in advance.

Like the Capt' said....That size boat would be lighter, but it won't be as stable as a wider boat(obviously). A 32" bottom wouldn't be unmanagably(sp?) unstable as long as you have some sense of balance, but myself, if I were to be in the market....I would at least shoot for a 36" bottom. I've got a 1236 jon that I use for floating rivers and have used it in the lake several times as well and never once that I can recall was I really unstable or afraid it was gonna take on water. But like I said, If I myself were looking for one, I would try to get a 36" bottom at least. Most companies(that I know of) offer a 1436....thats pretty standard as far as i've ever seen.

Welcome aboard! I have a 1432 that I don't use much now, but it will be my next winter project for electric only lakes. As long as you don't get too crazy with it and stay out of rough water it will be fine. I have fished out of it a lot when my parents lived on an 88 acre lake when I was in college. Fish two out of it on several occasions.