New SeaArk 1660 MVT prop help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luedy22

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a new rig. 1660 seaark mvt with 18 gallon bow fuel tank. I am putting on a 50 horse Mercury command thrust with an Atlas micro hydrolic jack plate. Question I have is where do I begin on the prop I put on it. Everything I have read says to put a 4 blade with a lot of cup but I still want to go at a decent speed. Any help would be great

Eric

I would think that my 16' Alumacraft Classic is about the same weight and I'm running a 50hp Johnson with PTT and a 12.5X13X3 stainless prop. Still has a good hole shot and top end. Don't understand why you would need a 4 blade.

Best way to determine prop size is with a tach at WOT. Always want to reach the operating RPM.

4 blade is to compensate for the air that is introduced into the water since it is going through the tunnel and not below the boat in the undisturbed part of the water. At least that is what I have gotten out of the little bit of research so far.

Sorry, wasn't aware this was a tunnel. You already know more than I do about this. I've never run a tunnel.

Latest posts