Distance between seat and steering console?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
As the title says what's the distance between the console and driver seat on yalls tin boats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you asking this because you are going to build/rebuild or
adjust your seat or console?

I strongly suggest you make it fit YOU if you are going to be the driver.
as for mine, my knees are scrunched up under the very low steering wheel.
not nearly enough room and very uncomfortable and awkward. And I have short legs.
when I remove the console for new carpet, that problem will be FIXED to fit ME.

jus my Dos Centavos

Depending on how you are doing it sometime you are limited as to where you can place the seats.

In the case of the Sea Nymph that I'm currently working on I am using wedge pedestal seat bases that protrude thru the plywood decking and require a 4.5" hole. The hull of this boat has a rib/bulkhead that falls just in line with where I would have liked to place it so I had to move it forward more than I would have liked. Moving it back would have been too far aft for me.

The next issue was the length of the pedestal. All I can find online these days are pedestals that are 11" or 13" long. These are to long and the seat bottom is too high. I just happened to have 2 pedestals from another boat that are only 9" and they fit much better but still not perfect. So in this instance while I'm rebuilding this I am going to move the steering console forward 1" and raise it 2" and it should be about perfect.

So I hope this helps and doesn't confuse the question more.

on the grizzly i had it wasnt much distance. maybe 12" but i added pedestal bases to the middle of the bench inline with the steering wheel moved me back a bit. and was more comfortable.