Need Advice - Looking to buy small aluminum boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I buy the boat?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

buckeye bass

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been fishing for a few years now, I am still quite young. Most of my fishing has been from the bank. I have been looking at smaller boats for a while now to be able to expand my fishing capabilities. Searching local Craigslist ads, I stumbled upon this boat. I have yet to see it in person but wanted to run it by the knowledge of everyone here first to hear some thoughts. I could purchase it for $450. Specs:

*12 foot Jon boat
*6 HP sea king motor
*30lb thrust trolling motor
*built in cooler
*cushioned swivel seats
*cup holders and rod holder
*new trailor
*carpeted floor
*12v battery
*outlet to charge phone, camera, ect.

Thanks!
Buckeye Bass
00T0T_frgN7gJ4CAj_600x450.jpg
00u0u_cBpSdUJlOAp_600x450.jpg

For whatever it's worth I got $300 for my 12' sea nymph and all it had were those pedestal seats & a set of oars. No trailer, motor(s) or battery.

If the motor's run I'd say you're golden. Older riveted boat might need some TLC if there are any leaks, but you can find out how to deal with them easy enough on this forum.

Not sure what state your in but in Texas you'll need the titles for the boat and motor and registration for the trailer.
Awesome deal tho!
Sent from the dust in front of you!

While I hate negotiating a price, I can tolerate saying to a seller, "What do you think your absolute, want-to-sell-it now price would be?" You are not showing disrespect, but making a simple inquiry.

Most folks want to move the item and have already negotiated a lower price in their own minds, before you showed up. You are just asking what that price would be.

Best wishes. Remember, if not this boat, then another...don't isolate your desire on one craft.

Latest posts