Boat Parts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Reaction score
Great site! Hopefully someone can help me out. I recently purchased an old Starcraft aluminum boat and trailer. For a total price of $150, a little work is needed. Does anyone know where I can find some some missing parts?

Any help is appreciated!

Dave

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 917
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 917
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 922
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 929
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 924
I do have the rear corner braces but "bow breast" is missing. The seats and gun wales were made of wood, so I going to replace those parts with wood. The trailer has pretty much been re-built from the ground up. New tires/ramps etc....

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• bow brace.jpg
    bow brace.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 910
There is a Starcraft Yahoo group. Not sure of the link. You may be able to get some parts from folks on there. Looks like the rail around the top edge of the boat is missing as well. You may have a hard time finding that, but it probabl wouldn't be too hard to fabricate. Your boat actually looks a lot like mine.

Looks like those trim tabs are shot. Depending on how you plan to use the boat, you might be better off without them anyway

Thanks fellas for the replies. I can see that we all think alike. I've already sanded about 80% of the exterior to bare metal. As you can see, a paint job is needed. I'm going to replace the seats and gun wale with some white oak. It's that crazy bow brace that has me stumped.

I'll try that Yahoo group for some help.

Yes, the trim tabs are soon to be off. They are almost completely worn. From the numbers that was on the boat, it's been sitting for around 20 years.

The trailer is one of the "shore-lander" model that breaks in the middle for steep ramps. That was worth the money I paid.

Thanks again for the replies,
Dave

Although many boats of that dimension often have problems that need smart tabs, or trim tabs, I have never seen anybody spend the money to install them on such a small boat. However, they do look shot, like esquired said.

I have seen cast aluminum transom braces, and bow braces new in certain places. Couldn't tell you where though. Also, unless you can get some genuine Starcraft ones, aftermarket ones aren't going to match what you have, so you will need to get a pair and install them together so they match. If you can't find any (check ebay as well) a metal shop could easily form those out of 3/16 aluminum plate. Fairly simple design (formed transom gusset that is) provided there is access to large capacity press brakes.

GatorTom said:
There is a Starcraft Yahoo group. Not sure of the link. You may be able to get some parts from folks on there. Looks like the rail around the top edge of the boat is missing as well. You may have a hard time finding that, but it probabl wouldn't be too hard to fabricate. Your boat actually looks a lot like mine.

If my boat looks half as good as yours when I'm through........happy would be an understatement.

Great job!!

Thanks,
Dave