TM mounting plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
So my tin doesn't have a place to mount a TM on the bow unless you either buy a bracket and install it or make one. I know I can buy a bracket that is for my boat and now my problem is mounting it directly to the boat. Would it be better to A. Get a welder to tack it on or B. Rivet and bolt the crap out of it and hope it holds? Which one would y'all do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops. It's a Lowe 1448 semi v with 2.25" lip between the deck and the top of the rail and I would like to be able to install a minn Kota quick release bracket on it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451964234.699150.jpg
These are the dimensions
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451964266.713881.jpg
Best picture at the moment of the front
https://vimeo.com/150747233
Little video where you can get a better view of the front I'd like to install the TM on the far right of the deck

https://www.akmccallumco.com/store-troll.htm
I want the bracket that will fit this boat which I think is on the far right, this is the one I'd like to get a better idea of how to mount on the boat itself

I agree with Pappy.

However, some many years ago, I had a similar need. I cut up some 2x4's; sanded and sprayed them flat black, and mounted the TM on top with long galvanized bolts and very large fender washers underneath.

All that you are really doing is raising the foredeck up to the height of the gunnel.

Metal is better, but wood is a wonder. (Don't use treated lumber, obviously).

richg99

Oops I didn't specify the right picture. The picture I was referring to was the one on the top left and the bracket I was talking about is the one on the right in that picture in the top left. My mistake sorry fellas

Latest posts