need opinion on fixing console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedawg1149

Reaction score
i have a 93 tracker pro 17 it has a plastic console has minor cracks in it.i want to paint it just trying to figure the best way to fix cracks any suggestions thank you

Here's the way we used to repair cracked plastic cowls when I was building and flying RC airplanes.

1. Get a length of fiberglass cloth "tape" about 3/4" to 1" wide. I always bought mine at the local hobby shop, but other places may have it. If not, just cut you a strip from a larger section of fiberglass cloth.

2. Lay the tape along the full length of the crack, inside if possible so it doesn't show, and saturate it with CA glue (Super Glue).

3. Fill the crack on the outside, if desired, with spot putty from you local auto parts store.

4. Sand as repaint as desired.

That should fix you up like new!

dedawg1149 said:
i have a 93 tracker pro 17 it has a plastic console has minor cracks in it.i want to paint it just trying to figure the best way to fix cracks any suggestions thank you

Plastic or fiberglass? Look on the underside to see if it is fiberglass. My Tracker console looks like it is plastic but is in fact fiberglass. If plastic the super glue method should work. If glass I would get a fiberglass repair kit (available at many auto parts and discount stores).