Golight Gobee Light Malfunction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverBottomOutdoors

Reaction score
My Gobee light will not move left to right. Everthing else functions fine. Remote went bad and I replaced it. Remote is working. Can turn light on/off and move up/down. No electric motor sounds when using the left/right on the remote.

Did a quick search and didn't see a thread anywhere for this issue. Thought I would start one here. Will call Golight tomorrow and see what they say.

received_10207767186471535.jpeg

I have a fixed one and the pan speed L to R is too quick, GoLight gave me the values of the resistors to add "in-line" to the unit. I bet they could tell you the color of the wire to troubleshoot, maybe a connection/line broke off inside. Their Customer Support was really responsive to my inquiries!

I have about 35 boats with Fish and Wildlife that I take care of, and the majority of them have golights. The only problem I've had with the remote models, is the connectors for the up-down and left-right motors coming undone.

Opening these things up is a HUGE pain. I've never had my hands on a gobee, but I'm sure it's all the same. There are 4 screws on the front that come off. This allows you to take the light out. From there I'm not completely sure. Just take your time. Let me kniw if you have any more questions.

mbweimar said:
I have about 35 boats with Fish and Wildlife that I take care of, and the majority of them have golights. The only problem I've had with the remote models, is the connectors for the up-down and left-right motors coming undone.

Opening these things up is a HUGE pain. I've never had my hands on a gobee, but I'm sure it's all the same. There are 4 screws on the front that come off. This allows you to take the light out. From there I'm not completely sure. Just take your time. Let me kniw if you have any more questions.

Thanks for that tip.

mbweimar said:

They ended up telling me how to take the light apart and check to make sure the motor didn't come unplugged.

Took the light apart. The electric motor that runs the Left/Right is bad. Golight is sending me a replacement motor assembly. $18 for the motor and $5 for shipping.

Latest posts