Remote Throttle Control Replacement Suggestions/Help????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoedawg

Reaction score
I have a Quicksilver Commander 3000 Classic. Here is a picture of it before I removed it from my boat.

20140211_112105 %283%29.jpg

The unit is in pretty bad shape and I would just like to replace it. I had to use a screwdriver and push the stick into neutral to start the motor. Also the previous owner said it was installed BACKWARDS from a young installer. What I mean is, is that the controls were reversed on it. Forward was reverse and visa versa. The emergency shutdown switch was not working properly as well as trying to find the neutral position with the control stick was a PIA. So those are my reasons for replacement.

The motor I have is a Mercury 50 ELPTO Model # 1050412WD. Can I just purchase any throttle (I need a side console throttle)? Should I purchase the same model or similar one? Are most throttles compatible with Mercury motors? I assume the cables from the motor need to fit the new throttle. I have looked on Ebay and other sites, but not sure what I need to buy.

Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks.

Added Information:

Here are the cables on the end of the gear box that connect to the motor. I am not sure what Gen cables these are. Gen 1 or Gen 2. I think they might be Gen 2, after doing a google image search and comparing them. Not sure though.

image001.jpg

And here is the gear box that the cables are attached to. Would the new controller come with a new gear box or just fit over the one I currently have? I assume its got to match that 3 screw bolt pattern on the box????
image002.jpg

I believe that you should be looking at something like eBay listing 161890197660. I too have a 2005 50ELPTO and that is what was on mine. I changed mine out because the center button broke as well as a few other issues. Now, I'm not saying to get that particular one as there are cheaper ones out there. I just used that listing as an example.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Looks like you have this, right?
8M0030551.jpg

Part number 8M0030551. How do you like it compared to the original one you had?? Plus do you have Gen 2 cables??

Not that exact one but very similar. Mine was basically a one for one swap. That being said I already had the proper cables. As to how I like it, I haven't had a chance to use it yet on the water but it is smoother than the old one.

Sent from my K007 using Tapatalk

Latest posts