Stupid rocks! And wasps!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pont

Reaction score
Well, I was out on the river Saturday and was slammin the smallies. Best 5 I had 15 to 17lbs. Fattest bellies I've ever seen. I had to sniff one of there bellies to see if they were putting coco butter on them for the stretch marks. LOL! Anyway, back to the stupid rocks. Coming home after a stellar day on the river, it happened. I tapped a rock with the lower unit. However, my boat is a jet so it just barely tapped the intake. Not a hard hit by any means. About 10 seconeds later the big motor shuts off. ARG! So trolling motor it is back to the ramp. 2.5 hrs later, I get to the ramp and pull off the top. A fuel leak under the vapor injector (Etec). Then I look at what appears to be a rock inside the motor about the size of a fist but flatter. Nope, it was a mud wasp nest. GRRR! How, I mean how do they get everywhere. I think what happened was the bump on the rock dislodged the wasp nest and knocked off a fuel line, or did something to the injector. I am not outboard savy, so it's at the dealer getting looked at. I'm just glad I got a 7yr warranty. Still sucks that I'm out a boat for the next 2weeks! I even got a tourny this weekend and I hate being a co-angler!

I'll keep ya posted when I hear from the the mechanic! Till then, I'm gonna kill every mud wasp I see! LOL!

Latest posts