97 tracker PF16

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xFORBESx

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to tinboats, and had some questions about my new boat I picked up a few months back.

As it currently sits, I believe it's to bow heavy. So with that being said I want to move the stick steer and throttle controls back roughly 2 feet, and create a casting deck for me to musky fish off of. I'm sure this has been done but can't find any posts or pictures after the modification has been complete. Hoping to be able to coil excess cable to take up lenght.

Next concern is, is there a full sheet of aluminum under the wood floor if these tracker boats...?

f9b80732c981f2d2c76e98c20b5c91c0.jpg

8e556d22b586cd59c3a9f8c9c86ee0c8.jpg

And does the shoe seem like it's sitting properly in comparison to bottom of the hull? Guy on the river (Allegheny river) told me it sounded like I was getting cavatation at WOT.

any help with these questions would be great! Probably alot more to come.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice boat! It looks to me like you could raise your motor. Pics can be deceiving though. However, if you are indeed getting cavitation, raising the motor may or may not get better. What kind of shape is your liner/impeller in?

Most trackers are butt heavy IMO, but before moving the stick steer controls I would try moving weight around like the TM battery somewhere else if it is up front, etc.

Yea the battery is up front, plan to move it back, still need to build a larger casting deck, which is the main reason for moving the controls back.

Thanks for the replys!

Going to remove shoe and inspect liner, and impeller, in terms next couple of days, hopefully it's not wore out