TM Shaft Length

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momule

Reaction score
I'm wanting to move my 2015 transom mount Endura Max 55lb TM to the bow of my 1448 jon but am afraid the 36" shaft will be too short. Too darn cold to put the boat in the water right now to measure so am asking for help. What shaft length do you guys use on your front mount hand controlled trollers? My boat is a 1448 flat bottom with a 40/30 Yami Jet. I know that my 36" shaft is probably going to be too short and am hoping that MinnKota can sell me a longer shaft that will fit the trolling motor that I have. I hate the thought of having to sell my near new trolling motor at a loss in order to buy a new one that will work on the front of my boat but if I have to I guess I will. Hell, for all I know it may be cheaper just to buy what I really need and sell the like new one for best offer.
Any info anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Just remember that if you try to put a longer shaft on the motor you have you will also need to extend the wiring harness. There is not much extra room in the head unit of any trolling motor and none in the motor end. It may be MUCH easier and better in the long run to bite the bullet and buy a whole new trolling motor. I believe the shaft on mine is 55" long

Go to the MK or MG websites and they have "fitment" guides that will give you their suggested shaft lengths for different size boats. Longer is always better due to dealing with waves and such to keep the TM prop in the water. If your TM is still under warranty, you can get any "authorized" service center to swap the shaft out, but the cost may be more than you want to spend. You could always get another TM and sell the one you have as another option. GL

Latest posts