Battery location Lowe 1448 MV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Hey Guys does anyone have or know where the best place to install the Batteries on a Lowe 1448mv would be ? I am installing 2 Group 31s and was thinking 1 in back and the other in the Livewell or Just under/behind front deck any thoughts on ride or weight distribution Thanks

i had a 1448 a few years back and i ran both of mine in the nose right against the front seat

Thanks xXOnyxXx how did the boat run? was it bow heavy ? I will be pushing it with a 15HP

I have one group 27 and it is in the front just behind the front deck, a little over 3/4 up. It levels the boat out fine, would not want it in the back with me and the engine. the one battery is plenty too for the TM I am using, 55 lb 12v.

I'd say mount it as far forward as you can go but still be on the portion of the boat that is in contact with the water when on plane - less stress on the transom that way.

Five-gallon bucket of water weighs about 42 lbs. Might want to move one or two around and see what works best for you without going through all of the wiring etc.

richg99

I keep both batteries in the back along with a 25hp. I had to move the 6 gallon tank up near the middle to distribute the weight.

I am going to be changing my location of the trolling motor battery because of the stern being too weighed down when riding alone and slow. Once it planes out it is fine but it sits back pretty bad.

When I get the chance I will get some pictures also to compare and Ill check back on this thread to see what you decided to do.

Thanks guys for the replys so far I am thinking of putting the battery up front just behind the deck its a group 31 and another group 31 in the back along with the outboard . I have a Terrova up front on bow also just dont want it setting to stern heavy hopefully it will balance it out fairly well its either that or just behind the middle seat .

Surfman how did you mount you group 27 up front in a battery box or did u fabricate something ?

Defiant said:
Surfman how did you mount you group 27 up front in a battery box or did u fabricate something ?

What I did was add a piece of plywood to the original front deck and extend it out far enough to give me plenty of fishing room and to be able to add a battery box. The battery sits in the middle. I only use it for a trolling motor but the one battery is more than enough for a day even two days of fishing. I do sometimes connect a fishfinder but that uses very little juice.

Here is another angle to get a better view.

Defiant said:
Thanks xXOnyxXx how did the boat run? was it bow heavy ? I will be pushing it with a 15HP
i had a 20hp on it .. it planed out great.

Thanks Surfman that is a great Idea I might try and make a mount for up there . With the V it might be a little different because of clearance but think I can make it work .

Defiant said:
Thanks Surfman that is a great Idea I might try and make a mount for up there . With the V it might be a little different because of clearance but think I can make it work .

I have a 1448 Alumacraft 2009 and under the front deck is where I originally wanted the trolling motor battery but there is honestly barely enough room. It would have to be jammed in there so I kept it in the stern and will move it to the middle shortly.

Heavyhook you are correct there is not much room there on the V hull I will either figure out something or stick it in a Box behind the middle bench . would love to have it as close to TM as I can though

HeavyHook said:
Defiant said:
I have a 1448 Alumacraft 2009 and under the front deck is where I originally wanted the trolling motor battery but there is honestly barely enough room. It would have to be jammed in there so I kept it in the stern and will move it to the middle shortly.

I don't think my battery would have fit under the original deck either and it is also foam filled and I didn't want to remove that. I took out the middle bench which is foam filled so I have already reduced the floatation by a significant amount.

Defiant said:
Heavyhook you are correct there is not much room there on the V hull I will either figure out something or stick it in a Box behind the middle bench . would love to have it as close to TM as I can though

I am right there with you. I have wire running from the trolling motor all the way to the back which I know is not what you should do with loss of power etc. It is basically 24ft of wire... I think in the middle bench I can get away with keeping it there in a special housing which will do two things for me (correct the weight distribution and shorten wire length).

surfman said:
HeavyHook said:
Defiant said:

I don't think my battery would have fit under the original deck either and it is also foam filled and I didn't want to remove that. I took out the middle bench which is foam filled so I have already reduced the floatation by a significant amount.

Luckily on the 2009 MV 1448 the middle bench is already storage so I wont have to remove any foam. I added foam under the floor boards and into the front deck slightly so if anything I have added foam to the boat.

My problem is the dang stern is way to heavy and is only decent with someone standing on the bow to even it out.

I have a plan for a mount that im gonna try . if it dont work it will end up in the livewell i guess as much as i had to lose the storage .

Latest posts