I need help on picking a jon boat..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dant

Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new jon boat. I like the look, build and layout of the Xpress HD16DBX. I have not priced it yet but I think it may be over my budget. I need to stay at 5000 or less for boat and trailer without motor. I looked at weldbilt the price is right but the quality didn't seem to be that great.
I am open to other brands. I mostly will be crappie, bass, and catfish fishing in that order. Most the time there will be two of us fishing small lakes, river back waters, and some larger reservoir lakes. Any help would be appreciated. I've owned a few bass boats both aluminum and glass but I've never had a jon boat.

You are more in the $5500.00 range for one of the H16DBX boats. That is with Camo paint, standard wheels, wiring for the trolling motor, bow and stern lights.

Unfortunately, the price that they quote you is often not the "drive-out" price. Dealers can easily add up to $1,000.00 on "Dealer Prep'; freight/delivery (to them)'; etc.

I priced two very similar boats. One dealer wanted about $650.00 for "dealer prep and freight".....the other dealer wanted $127.00 for the same thing. Same style boat, both boats built in the same city; dealers were about 30 miles apart.

Good luck.... richg99

p.s. I bought a G3 (from the lower freight price dealer)...$5,750.00 drive out including tax, title, and license fees....with a camo'd 1652VBW and a really top-drawer galvanized trailer. No boat lights or other accoutrements, though.

Don't know if you have bought one or not already but I just bought a tracker grizzly for under the budget you are looking at. So far I am happy with the boat and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I originally wanted a war eagle but it was out of my budget. I'm glad now I went with the tracker and didn't take out the loan.