Leaning post on my jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
Guys! I just found an AWESOME marine surplus warehouse near my house. I stopped by today and spent a couple hours sifting through everything. They consoles, T-tops, hatches, seats, guages, decals, cushions...the list goes on!

Anyway, I found this tucked back in a corner, and thought it would be perfect welded on my rear bench, with a storage hatch installed in the benh. Only problem is, it needs a cushion, and maybe a back rest. Does anyone know enough about marine upholstery to add a cushion on this thing? I didn't get a price, but I'm sure I can get a good deal on this. Any info would be mucho appreciated!

The first pic is what I'm imagining.

Take that bad boy down to your local upholstery shop, they'll make you a bench cushion for that in no time. (if they're good)

What a great find. It sure has some nice lines on it also.

How wide is it?

Rob

Fishfreek, it's the place in Fort Pierce right on US1. Can't miss it!

It seems to me like it needs more support for the cushion. Am I correct? Or should I leave that up to the upholstery shop?

Ebug, I didn't have a tape measure, but its wide enough that two people could sit comfortably on it.

mbweimar said:
Fishfreek, it's the place in Fort Pierce right on US1. Can't miss it!

It seems to me like it needs more support for the cushion. Am I correct? Or should I leave that up to the upholstery shop?

That's the one..... LOVE that place.

It looks like it is all there so I would say let the upholstery person handle it. Just make sure you talk to them about any concerns you have about support. If they work with it I would suggest a piece of Starboard as the backing. It is very sturdy and won't rot. One of the best upholstery guys in my area does not do any wood working so I always make what's needed and take it to him.

Before working with the upholstery shop, see if one of the Perko or similar hatch liners will fit or come close inside. Heck, get both the hatch and liner and build your seat from there.https://www.cabelas.com/product/tempress-utility-hatch-liners/700042.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3Dsearc

Latest posts