Newbie with first boat - 12ft V-Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosifer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally picked up my first boat in December for $350 CAD, it's a 12' v-hull. First off, I'm hoping you guys can help me identify it as I have not found any markings or numbers on it. I've tried using google images to search the more common manufactures but haven't found anything that resembles this hull. Couple things that seem sort of unique is the bench seats are riveted to the hull and have no gap at the bottom like most do, also the small tear-dropped extrusions on the sides close to the stern. I'm also assuming (possibly in error) that this is a Canadian built hull as I'm live in Canada. The P/O doesn't have any information as it came with the cottage he recently purchased. He did say he had it out and there were no leaks but I'll have to confirm that when the ice melts.

This is my first post, I've been lurking on here for nearly a year now looking at all the great builds you guys have done...WOW!! I plan on modding this hull in the Spring and now have a head-full of ideas on what to do. I've gone from a low casting deck from the middle bench forward, to putting a flat floor with a small deck for storage from the front bench to the bow. I've got a few other ideas that I've been flip-flopping over also. I'll be posting a full build once I start working on it come Spring. Anyway, blah blah blah ... PICS!!

All these pics are from the original ad from the P/O...note: the trailer was not included.

Boat1.JPGBoat2.JPGBoat3.JPGBoat4.JPGBoat5.JPGBoat6.JPGBoat7.JPG

Welcome! Skim through the threads on builds. Don't go overboard with ideas. Keep it simple. This is a 12ft boat. To much could easily over weight and overwelm the hull. Stay within reason and you can be on the water in no time. What kind of water are you fishing? What type of power (hp) do you plan to run? Best of luck!

Thanks, I've have spent a long time reading different builds, so many different ideas. My plan is to keep it relatively simple, mostly ideas for storage/organization and for easy transport. I'll be hauling it on a double wide snowmobile trailer which will not be submerged so I'm thinking transom wheels or some sort of dolly system. I fish relatively small lakes and currently have a 4hp Evinrude from the family inflatable but I want to find a good 9.9 Evinrude/Johnson motor.

Sounds to me like you got it planned out well! Storage and organization with a small outboard is keeping it reasonable and enjoyable! You should stay the course and enjoy the fishing that is to come.

Nice jon. Has a lot of potential! Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Latest posts