Manufactuers reading this site???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
If tin boat company people are not reading this site, and other similar sites, they have NO IDEA what their products are thought of...by the buying public.

If I owned a tin boat company, I'd have a simple system set up to Google every mention of my company's product every day. They could head off any big public discussions by contacting the OP, and fix any issue before the problem became widespread.

Sheesh.....that doesn't sound too hard, does it?

They could even capture comments about their competitor's boats, and see what the buyers and potential buyers think about them.

Or, Heck, they could hire one of us to do the search and discover for them. We'd probably work cheap....and maybe even take our pay in product.!!!

richg99

richg99 said:
If I owned a tin boat company, I'd have a simple system set up to Google every mention of my company's product every day. They could head off any big public discussions by contacting the OP, and fix any issue before the problem became widespread.

It's just easier for the big private companies that screw Americans on a daily basis to pay the search engines to list the positive results on the first few pages.

And by the way, fixing the issue means making it go away, most likely to the dissatisfaction of the consumer.

Working for manufactures from Marine manufactures to Abbott and Baxter medical I can tell you that they do not care what you or the user wants. Companies are controlled by cocky arrogant sales and marketing people that worked their way up thru sales. They care about what they can actually sell and the profit the product brings. These people are not like you and me. The mindset to successfully work their way into these positions is "It's all about me and why I'm great". They are paid based on what they did last month, they do not care about what they did three months ago and plan on what they can sell volume of in the future. To think they consider anything else like a consumers post experiance is not reality.

Well, I built a successful sales business for many years,...with the exact opposite approach. My son still works with the children and grandchildren of those original customers.

I do have to admit, though, that a number of the other guys did exhibit some of the attitudes you described.

It's part of the reason my son was brought in, so my customers wouldn't be handed to " the other guys" when I retired 16 years ago.

richg99

richg99 said:
Well, I built a successful sales business for many years,...with the exact opposite approach. My son still works with the children and grandchildren of those original customers.

I do have to admit, though, that a number of the other guys did exhibit some of the attitudes you described.

It's part of the reason my son was brought in, so my customers wouldn't be handed to " the other guys" when I retired 16 years ago.

richg99
Agreed

Most all salesman are fine but the big wig corporate decision makers came from the beed that are dogs. Too bad they get promoted in the corporate world and make the decisions the consumer has to live with.

Trust me when I tell you they read this and all the forums. I have actually had one threaten to sue me because of a member complaint about their product. I told them to go pound sand.

Latest posts