I don't like to drill holes below the water-line....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
I re-installed my transducer on to my new G3 hull. Since I never like to drill holes below the water-line, I cut a piece of one-inch-aluminum-square to fit the height of the transom. The mounting screws are bedded in 3M5200, and extend well above any potential water level.

Of course, I had to camo the mounting piece.

I bolted the T'ducer to the aluminum square. My only concern now is that I may have the aluminum piece extended a half-inch too low. I hope to give her a try on the water soon. Worst case is that I have to use my Sawzall and whack a bit off. Better than having to move the installed piece. Better too long than too short.

regards, richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20160211_154621.jpg
    IMG_20160211_154621.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 631
Ebug, thanks....But...I've been doing crazy things to boats and other things for most of my 76 years. Love to tinker... This is my 25th (or more) boat.

My wife once asked.."Isn't anything built right enough for you when you buy it?" My usual answer was, "most things can be improved".

regards, richg99

After thinking further about the below-the-hull issue, I went to the boat barn this morning and pulled the whole thing off. The 3M5200 had not set up too much.

I re-drilled the holes so that no portion of the square tube will extend below the hull.

As to the exact best height of the t'ducer, I'll try it as it exists (should be just a bit below the waterline).. and adjust accordingly.

richg99

Latest posts