AlumaCraft MV1448 front cleat mounting options?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thyNemesis

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out a way to mount some cleats to the front area of my boat to secure the anchor to.

My brother-inlaw said I should mount them on the inside wall before the front deck area, the deck area sits below the
lip of the bow.

See picture.

Any ideas on how to go about this?

Attachments

• mv-1448.jpg
    mv-1448.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 726
Here is how mine was set up before I took them off to paint my boat. Look for the red lines of the picture. They indicate where the cleats were. You boat is similar in set up as mine, minus the middle bench.

mv-1448.jpg

Yea, the ones in the stern are mounted like yours, I added 3/4 plywood underneath to strengthen the cleats.

How did you mount the front ones to the deck? did you have access to the under side of the deck to use through bolts/nuts? perhaps included plywood for support?

Thanks.
Jeff

Mine were mounted on rotted plywood with cheap screws through it. I did have access underneath the old deck. My new deck (which will be aluminum) will have the cleats in the same place, but the cleats will be mounted before I install the deck into place, thus making it easy to mount the cleats.

As far as strengthening the cleats, it doesn't seem you have access to the front of the deck. You can try riv-nuts/nutserts.

Read this thread here:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27367

PSG-1 talks about using rivnuts.

Latest posts