Older Sea Ark Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacer155

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1997 Sea Ark McBass 160 that is for sale
Anyone have any experience with these boats, cant seem to find any good or bad online anywhere

Thanks for any input

Sea Ark boats are built like a brick $$$$ house. High priced when new. I almost bought one, but the local dealer wouldn't come down much, even though the boat was a new 2014 (in 2016).

richg99

They are HEAVY (heavier than Excel), not known for great speed or handling, but it's almost impossible to hurt one. Used to have an 1872 Sea ark that I used for bowfishing. Great boat. Wish I still had it.

From what I know, Sea Ark is up there with the best of them.
Just make sure to look at the bottom of the hull, if it looks like someone beat on it with a ball peen sledge hammer, the chines are flattened and bent over, the hull below the transom has been broken and re welded, the transom braces have been broken, etc., stay away! (yes, I saw a Lowe Roughneck like that). If it's been used on a river, some scratches or a small ding or two is normal and that would be NBD to me, but if it looks like it was towed to the river and across a boulder field at 80 mph with out a trailer, stay away!
If in reasonable shape, I would have no problem with buying that boat if it were what I wanted.

I love mine!! Fishes great, runs great...All around GREAT!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150422_162844_238.jpg
    IMG_20150422_162844_238.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 573

Latest posts