One of the best tools I bought for my tinny..under ten bucks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Almost on a whim, and just because I thought I needed it in my tool box, I bought this step drill for under ten bucks.

Wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but...my tinny has lots of holes that need to be drilled, Inevitably, some of them are larger than the regular drill bits that I own. This little gem has paid off a number of times over.

Drill a 1/4 inch regular hole, stick the step drill in; and make the hole as large as you need. Great addition, IMHO. richg99

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0160OWBEC?keywords=naiko%20step%20drill%20bit&qid=1455483424&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Attachments

• IMG_20160214_143037.jpg
    IMG_20160214_143037.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 904
I keep 3 different sizes in my toolbox at all times. If I'm working with plastic, ill make a pilot hole before using the step drill. If I'm working with metal, ill just punch a dimple and set the step in it.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I have a 3 bit set from Harbor Freight and I love it.
Bought that same set a few years back. I don't need it often, but when I do, it just reminds me how glad I am that I spent those few dollars.

I also bought one on a whim with no immediate need. Decided to move my TM battery forward requiring two 3/4" holes in each of the 9 ribs to install grommets and run 6 gauge wire. It took longer to install the grommets than the 10 minutes to drill and enlarge the holes.

Use lots of oil if using on steel so that they last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts