I have some questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Brown

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about buying a small used jon/fishing boat. I live in NC and I eventually would like to take the boat out on some small lakes. How much does it roughly costs to get the boat registered? Insurance? and as for a trailer hitch do I need to buy a trailer hitch kit for my truck? one like this......
07_colorado_hitch.jpg

I have a hole on the back of my bumper, can I just buy a trailer hitch ball and screw it down on there?

Sorry if I sound like such a noob but Ive never owned a boat before lol.

Charlie Brown said:
I am seriously thinking about buying a small used jon/fishing boat. I live in NC and I eventually would like to take the boat out on some small lakes. How much does it roughly costs to get the boat registered? Insurance? and as for a trailer hitch do I need to buy a trailer hitch kit for my truck? one like this......
07_colorado_hitch.jpg

I have a hole on the back of my bumper, can I just buy a trailer hitch ball and screw it down on there?

Sorry if I sound like such a noob but Ive never owned a boat before lol.

The registration and insurance varies by state, YOu would have to check your local registry for that unless someone from NC knows off the top of there head.

You can use the bumper and ball hitch if the boat is really light, but I would not chance it. I think for under a couple of hundred bucks you can get a solid hitch and setup like that in the picture.

Insurance for my G3 pro team 165 with a 25hp 4 stroke and 300k coverage was $300 for the year.

If you know the model boat you can try https://www.skisafe.com for a free online quote.

Jim

Latest posts