Tip for TH marine mini jackers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
If you've got one you've probably noticed that reverse is useless unless you're trying to fill the back of the boat up with water. I made a cardboard template and used it to cut a treated 1x6 to make a plug. Painted to match. Mo betta!

I seriously doubt it'll corrode anything with both surfaces painted, debbie downer.

I was going to make a deflector out of aluminum and screw it to the wood insert but this looks good.
The copper in treated wood being a dissimilar metal from the aluminum will cause the aluminum to corrode and pit. It won't care if it's painted it will leach out especially if it's constantly wet..

i beg to differ. after seeing some pics on here the corrosion caused by treated lumber when used as bunk boards was pretty bad.

lovedr79 said:
i beg to differ. after seeing some pics on here the corrosion caused by treated lumber when used as bunk boards was pretty bad.

Different application. I wouldn't have the same opinion if he was using treated wood for bunks.

Latest posts