Can I remove ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidermonkey

Reaction score
First off, I'm new here guys, and have been soakin stuff in for a month or so now. Anyway, I'm doing a total refurb of my '82 Lowe 15' jon, my trailer, and 25 horse Evinrude. Its been in a barn for 8+ years! I'm takin pics as I go to do a build a long later :shock: Now to a question; I have the two covered foam filled factory "things" behind the back bench seat, running from the seat to the transom..Can I remove them without sacrificing any structural support for the transom? My transom still has the two flat bar gussets going from the transom down to the floor.. Thanks in advance, and God Bless, Rusty

I would assume something like this?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455709800246.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455709800246.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 559
Haven't loaded any pics yet guys, and yes, what I'm referring to is left of the gas tank in Wyatt's pic. I realize also that foam removed needs to be replaced somewhere else. I just wanted to have a better area for a gas tank, and I could see no reason structurally I couldn't remove them. Plus where the edges are bent up, and riveted to hull, they are cracked/pulled away in spots anyway. Any more input is appreciated, will probably have all the pics you could ever want in my "refurb" :D God Bless, Rusty

Latest posts